Saturday 29 November 2014

Tribal people are our spiritual teachers



While travelling with my friend Jagannath to the tribal villages around Muniguda in Rayagada district of Orissa, I meet this young boy. He is sitting quietly on the outside partition wall of his small house, not too far from me, but oblivious to my presence. I am surprised… he is not grilling me with those annoying questions which every stranger usually bothers me with… what is your country, what do you do… Such a relief to be spared from that!!

So this boy… I forget to ask his name and he is not bothered about mine either (good because my name is an embarrassment as it is unpronounceable!!)... isn’t the least curious about me but honestly I AM curious about him… his innocent features and calmness puzzle me. So in the hope of an interaction with him I ask Jagannath to translate a few questions. The boy answers but in very few words! He has no urge to impress or pull attention and so his reply is to the point. He tells me he cultivates a plot of land when the agriculture season comes and he daily journeys to the forest…

Another thing about him is...

Continue reading on website... Ancient Roots

No comments:

Post a Comment